Sunday, January 29, 2012

Kettle Corn

You are going to need a Whirley Pop! If you don't have one buy one right this second. You won't regret it. I'm not sure but you might need a kid too! If you don't have a kid to help you, you can act like a kid yourself! You'll need to, cause this is POPPING GOOD FUN!

You can purchase a Whirley Pop on line or at Bed, Bath and Beyond. Smart people use a 20 percent coupon for BB&B. I was not smart. I just ran right out and bought it. I forgot all about the coupon!

Ingredients:

1/4 Cup Oil
1/3 Cup Sugar
1/2 Cup Pop Corn kernels good for popping.

Heat oil in the bottom of your Whirley Pop. on Med. High heat. To begin with just add 4 kernels of Corn. When they pop then add 1/2 cup pop corn kernels and 1/3 Cup sugar and WHIRL away!  You know me and sugar. I'm always very generous on the sugar.

Once you've got that in the pan, spin quickly and evenly. Spin the handle and keep the popcorn moving the entire time you are popping it. Towards the end, your hand may get hot. I like to wear jersey gloves. They work perfectly! Cook till it's over flowing! When the kernels start popping wildly and the handle gets hard to spin, I lift it off the heat so nothing burns. Pour into a large bowl, stir and break apart if needed and sprinkle with salt to your liking. Get ready to make a second batch cause the first one will disappear in the blink of an eye!

Thank you Becci Kohler. You are the greatest cook I know! (She's Martha Stewart. Heck she's better than Martha Stewart.) If I have anything that tastes good at all, half the time it came from Becci! Love Ya.

No comments: