Monday, January 23, 2012

No Bake Cookies

Today I feel like a cookie! Today I don't feel like baking! I don't feel like exercising either. This is not a good combination. This recipe has been around the block more than once. Who hasn't had a no bake cookie? Pull this recipe out when the Grandkids come over. They'll love you. 

Ingredients:
1/4 or 1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup peanut butter
1/2 cup milk
3 cups oats
2 or 3 cups sugar
4 tablespoons cocoa
1/2 teaspoon vanilla





I've seen this recipe call for 1/4 cup of butter and 1/2 cup of butter. I've also seen this recipe call for 2 cups of sugar and I've seen it call for 3 cups of sugar. You can probably figure out which recipe I use. 


In a sauce pan, stir sugar, milk, butter, and cocoa. (For peanut-butter cookies omit the cocoa. They're yummy.) Bring to a boil over medium heat. Boil for one minute. Remove from heat and quickly add peanut butter, vanilla, and oats. Stir until evenly mixed. Spoon onto waxed paper. Let cool. Make sure you don't make these cookies when no one is home or when people come home, they'll be no cookies. 

No comments: