Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Beef or Chicken Taco Soup? You Pick


I've been on a real soup kick lately.  I love making soup in the winter! It's my favorite!  All of it's fast and easy including the clean up. I can never remember Em's taco soup recipe so I always call her when I'm making it. Yesterday I decided to make a pan, trouble is Em wasn't home, so I drummed up my own version. I had my sister's family over to eat it and they loved it. Here it is.

Brown a pound of hamburger and 1/2 of an onion thinly diced.
Remove any grease and add the following ingredients.
(Beans and Corn are drained!)
3 to 4 cups water
1 Tblsp. beef bullion (Try the "Better than Beef Bullion" it's the best!
1/2 Tblsp chicken bullion (Try the "Better than Chicken Bullion."
4 15oz cans kidney beans
1 15oz can corn
1 15oz can black beans
3 15oz cans stewed tomatoes (blended)
(I put my stewed tomatoes in the blender because I don't care for the big tomato chunks. I also think if you  like your soup spicy the Mexican stewed tomatoes would be really good in this.)
3 8oz cans tomato sauce.
add 1 packet Taco Seasoning.
Salt and pepper to taste
And the final ingredient that makes all the difference in this recipe.
A chunk of BUTTER the size of a large walnut. Maybe a little more! 
Top with any kind of cheese and sour cream if you like and crack out the tortilla chips. Ummm good!

This recipe I'm trying today. I'll let you know how it tastes.

Chicken Taco Soup
3 large chicken breasts cooked and shredded
1 can chicken broth
1 package taco seasoning
1/2 block Velveeta (cubed)
1 can Rotel original or mild
1 can cream of chicken soup
4 cups of water
1 bag chips of your choice (Doritos, or any tortilla)

No comments: