Thursday, September 16, 2010

Sloppy Jose

Crack Out Your Best Baked Potatoes For This Recipe!


The Blanch girls like to play Bunko. A few months ago I hosted the event at my house and thanks to my friend Staci and running into her at the grocery store, I had a new dish to fix. Sloppy Jose's turned out to be a big hit that night and I promised I'd put the recipe on the blog, then I went to bed and forgot all about it.
Last night we had another fun game of Bunko and after it was all over, my cute niece reminded me I hadn't put the recipe on the blog. (I would forget my head if it wasn't attached.)
You're going to love this. You're family is going to love it too! It's so simple to make and it tastes delish'! Thanks Tate for reminding me.

1 lb. of Ground Beef
1 Chopped Onion
1 16 oz can Tomatoes (I like the mexican stewed tomatoes, they have a little kick to them. Or the regular Italian stewed tomatoes if you don't want it as spicy. I also like to blend my tomatoes in the blender for a bit. I don't like my tomatoes chunky. Personal preference.)
1 4 oz Green Chiles (diced)
1 8 oz Tomato Sauce
1 tsp Salt and Pepper
1/2 tsp Oregano
1/4 tsp Garlic
1/4 tsp Cumin
1 4 oz Tomato Paste
1 Tbsp Worcestershire Sauce

Brown meat and onions. Stir in the other ingredients. Simmer about an hour. Serve over baked potatoes with sour cream and cheese, and any other toppings you'd like.

No comments: