Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Best Fresh Peach Pie Ever


I have a friend. Her name is MaryAnn. Anything she cooks tastes divine. That's all I need to say. You don't need any more information than that! You can watch any recipe appear on my blog, now mind you, if you read the name "MaryAnn" anywhere, I mean anywhere, in the post then just run to your kitchen immediately and whip it up!
If it doesn't taste spectacular, then you are a lousy cook. Because anything that comes from MaryAnn's recipe box is to die for!
You are wondering where the picture is of the "Peach Pie." If I make a recipe and I am going to put it on the blog then I always take a picture... right?  That would be true if I could put down my fork long enough to pick up my camera! When you make this pie, just know one thing... it isn't going to last long. You had better have your plate ready or you are not going to get a piece.
Enjoy this recipe! It is a winner!

Fresh Peach Pie

Glaze
Mash 2 peaches in a sauce pan and add
3/4 cup sugar
3 Tbsp corn starch
1/2 cup water

Cook until it boils  and thickens (stir constantly) then take off the heat and add
1/2 tsp. Almond ext.
2 tbsp REAL Butter!
(told you it was going to be good.)

Prepare and Bake your Shells. (Look up the Crowther pie crust recipe, you'll love it.)
Slice your fresh peaches into the baked and cooled shell and cover with the glaze.

Top with a Mountain of REAL WHIP CREAM! To put cool whip on this pie is the ultimate sin!
Grab your fork before it's all gone!

1 comment:

Darwin, Jen, Jensyn, Hurley, Violet, and Daphne said...

Sounds wonderful. I can't wait to make it for my family. Thank you for sharing your recipe.