Sunday, November 23, 2014

Pearl's Stuffing

My mother made the best stuffing ever. It wasn't anything fancy, very simple to make, and no matter how tempting it is to try a new recipe, I simply can't. I don't know anyone who doesn't love it. It has long been a favorite of everyone.

My mother never wrote down a recipe. Luckily a few years before she died I got her to show me how to make it. Hope I can explain it in such a way that it turns out equally as good for anyone else who wants to try it.

Ingredients:
1 Box Mrs. Cubbison's Corn Bread Stuffing seasoned
1 Cup Butter (two sticks)
1 Cup Onion Chopped
1 Cup Celery, chopped
1 and 1/2 - 2 Cups Water

This will stuff an 8-12 pound bird. Double for larger size.

Chop up the onion and then the celery. In a large bowl mix together, chopped celery, chopped onion and the box of corn bread stuffing. In a separate pan, melt the butter, then boil the water and add these two together. now drizzle this wet mixture over the dry mixture and stir and toss until you have drizzled the compete mixture. Now continue tossing and salt and pepper to taste. Now Cover with a towel over night and in the morning stuff your bird and your ready to bake things.

Happy Thanksgiving

No comments: