Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Mother Bird's Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup

There is nothing better than a big pot of soup! Especially if it's Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup. This one is a favorite at our house!

Ingredients:
1 whole Chicken boiled and deboned.
Chicken Stock
2 Pckgs Grandma's Frozen Egg Noodles
Celery chopped and diced a little on the thick side.
Paprika
Granular Chicken Bouillon by Wylers
Butter
Salt and Pepper

I make this soup for 26 people so I cannot tell you how to make a small pot. There is no such thing as a small pot at my house.

I get a nice Chicken and boil it until it falls off the bone. I keep the water I boiled the Chicken in, but I drain and filter any crud or residue that might accumulate in it, basically anything I don't want in my soup.

Then I add the Chicken Stock. I use three or four 20 oz cans. I sprinkle to taste the bouillon,  the paprika, and the salt and pepper. I make a huge pot so just adjust as needed for size you are making.

I bring that all to a boil and add the Celery and Noodles, (follow the directions on the Noodle bag for thawing and preparing the noodles) when the noodles are soft I add the chicken, and season with paprika, salt and pepper. Top with a big ole chunk of butter and simmer for 30 min.

ENJOY!



No comments: