Friday, February 10, 2012

Raspberry or Cherry Cobbler - Happy Luv Day


Valentines just wouldn't be Valentines with out cooking up something that was divinely chocolate and had a little berryness to it. Betty Crocker has done it again. Try out this delicious dish. And Happy Valentines Day!

Ingredients:

1 (21) oz can of Raspberry Pie filling or Cherry pie filling. Now I have a strong mind about pie filling. There are brands I simply hate and brands I love and it seems every time I go shopping I struggle finding that which I love. I like my berry pie filling to taste natural. Look for a natural looking brand, not one that is so thick with all the flavor removed. If you've ever bought pie filling, you know what I mean.

Sometimes I like to make my own, when it comes to Cherry. In that case here is the recipe:
Homemade Cherry pie filling.
Take 2 cups of fresh pitted cherries. I buy mine in Willard and you can buy them year round, they come frozen. Best Cherries ever! Add 1/2 cup of water, a little less if you are using them frozen and slushy. Bring that to a soft boil. In another bowl add 1/2 heaping cup of sugar if cherries are tart, and two TBSP of Cornstarch. Stir that up and mix well. Stir into boiling cherry mixture until thickens. Cool before serving.

1 pouch, (1lb 1.5oz) Betty Crocker Double Chocolate Chunk Cookie Mix.

3/4 cup of melted butter.

Heat oven to 350 F. Spray bottom and sides of 11x7 inch glass baking dish with Pam. Spread berry or cherry pie filling in bottom of baking dish. Sprinkle cookie mix evenly over pie filling. Pour melted butter evenly over cookie mix. Using small metal spatula, (I like to use a fork.) gently spread melted butter over cookie mix just to cover the dry mix.

Bake 28-30 min. or until topping is set. To serve warm, cook 15 min. and scoop on the vanilla ice cream with it. YUM!