Wednesday, April 27, 2011

X-Rated Recipe ---Sour-On-Sex-Pie




As you well know, the Crow's are pie makers. And I was so excited when I stumbled onto this recipe today... Sour-On-Sex-Pie. (I just had to say it twice.) I must admit, it was the name that drew me to it.  And I laughed at the fact I found the recipe at the gynecologist's office. I was so happy I came home with more than just a pap smear!

Food with the word "Sex" in it??? It has to be good right? I'm not going to expound here. I'm going to keep my x-rated thoughts to myself. Although when I get the pie made, I might be forced sit in bed and eat it naked. Oh dear, I probably ruined your appetite!

Ok, so come this weekend, you know what I'll be doing... I love lemons!

Crust
1 1/4 gingersnap cookie crumbs (I read the first ingredient ---gotta be good!)
3 tablespoons sugar
4 tablespoons unsalted butter melted

Filling
1/2 cup FRESH lemon juice (about 2 lemons)
1 cup of sugar
4 large egg yokes
2 large eggs
6 tablespoons butter, cut into pieces
1 tablespoon lemon zest (about one lemon)
1 cup whip cream

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.

The crust: Stir together all ingredients, and press into a 9 inch deep dish pie plate. Bake 8 to 10 minutes. Cool.

The filling: In a wide sauce-pan, whisk together lemon juice, sugar, egg yolks and eggs. Cook over medium low heat, whisking constantly until the mixture thickens, about 5 minutes. Immediately pour it through a sieve set over the metal bowl of an electric mixer; whip on medium speed, adding the butter, piece by piece, until incorporated. Turn mixer to high, and continue whipping until mixture is fluffy and cool, about 10 minutes. Add zest. In a separate bowl, whip the cream into soft peaks . Mix a third of the cream into the lemon mixture; fold in the rest.

Freeze 4 to 5 hours. Thaw slightly before serving.

Recipe by Susan Spungen

No comments: