Sunday, October 10, 2010

Fresh Peach Cheesecake

I LOVE this recipe and always make it this time of year when the peaches are in season. I meant to make it up at the cabin over Conference weekend but left one of the key ingredients sitting home on my washing machine-still in the grocery sack!!! The peach jello! I was so bumbed! Missy and Gage tried to get me to make it with a different kind of jello, but I couldn't bring myself to do it.
So, I didn't get to make it at the cabin and brought all the ingredients home and made it on Monday night instead. My mom offered to make dinner if I brought the Peach Cheesecake! I gladly accepted the offer and we enjoyed Broccoli and Cheese soup with french bread and then cut into the cheesecake. It was a huge hit!
I cut my grandma a piece and when I put it on the plate my mom said, "Oh, she'll never eat all that. Grandma eats like a bird."
"Well, she can eat half and save the rest for tomorrow." I replied.
We got in the car and took her a piece. She sat down and gobbled the whole piece right up.
"Why don't you bring me a bigger piece next time." she said.
My mom and I just laughed. I guess we were wrong. She ate that piece of cheesecake so fast and then wanted more!
So, when the peaches come on each fall, get out this recipe and give your taste buds a party :)



This recipe should be called "Disappearing Peach Cheese Cake!"


Fresh Peach Cheesecake


Crust:
2 1/2cups crushed graham crackers
1 cube butter
6 Tbsp. powdered sugar
Mix together and set aside 1/4 cup.
Press the remaining mixture into 9x13 pan

Filling:
2 cups water
2 Tbsp. cornstarch
1 cup sugar
3oz. (small box) peach jello
4 cups sliced peaches
Mix water, cornstarch and sugar in pan. Heat to a slow boil then remove from heat and add jello. Let cool and then add peaches. Pour over crust and then chill in fridge.

Topping:
8oz. softened cream cheese
3Tbsp. milk
1 cup powdered sugar
2 cups cool whip
Mix cream cheese, milk, powdered sugar and then add cool whip. Put on top of chilled peach mixture and then sprinkle with the remaining 1/4 cup of topping.
YUMMY!!!

No comments: