Thursday, October 14, 2010

Baked Potato Pizza



It's a pizza twist on an average baked potato. Average and Potato in the same sentence? I don't think so! I believe the greatest form of food God ever made is a potato! Potatoes in any form are simply divine by nature. I'd lose ten pounds this week if I just stopped eating Potato Chips! I'd lose another ten if I cut out fries. You can cook a potato any way you like and it will be the first choice on my plate! I love potatoes!
So here ya go. Enjoy this easy "I've Got A Million Things To Do/Don't Have Time To Cook" recipe!



Baked Potato Pizza


Ingredients:
  • 9 Rhodes™Dinner rolls, thawed to room temperature
  • 1 medium baking potato, baked and cooled
  • 1/3 cup sour cream
  • 1 tablespoon ranch dressing
  • 1 1/4 cups grated cheddar cheese, divided
  • 6 slices bacon, cooked and broken into pieces
  • 1-2 cups fresh broccoli, steamed until tender
  • 2-3 tablespoons chopped green onion
  • salt & pepper, to taste
Instructions:
Spray counter lightly with non-stick cooking spray. Combine rolls together and roll into a 10x13-inch oblong shape. Place on a sprayed baking sheet. Poke with a fork several times to prevent bubbles from forming and pre bake at 350 F 10-15 minutes. Remove from oven to cool. Peel potato and cut into 1/2-inch cubes. Combine sour cream and ranch dressing and spread over cooled crust. Sprinkle with 1/2 cup cheese. Top with potato, bacon, broccoli, green onion and remaining cheese. Salt & pepper to taste. Bake an additional 10-15 minutes or until cheese is nicely melted.

Bake Time: 30 min

Skill: Intermediate
Prep Time: 45
Bake Time: 30
Servings: 8

No comments: