Friday, September 30, 2016

Teresa's Italian Rustic Bread




Some people are born to cook. That is my very dear friend Teresa! She is Italian. Cooking comes as easy to her as breathing. You should see the things she makes. I love her beyond measure and I love her cooking just as much! Perhaps it's because a little bit of her award winning personality is baked into every bite!

The other day she taught me how to make Rustic Bread. Now I just want to go to Italy and make it in some wonderful kitchen next to some beautiful wine vineyard. I made her promise me she would take me there some day. I can't wait! Until then I eat her bread and dream!

Ingredients:
3 cups of Bread Flour
1 1/4 tsp Salt
1/4 heaping tsp of Yeast (She likes Saf-Instant Yeast)
10 drops Do-Terra Rosemary Oil
1 1/2 cup warm water


Mix the yeast in the warm water and stir. Add all remaining ingredients and stir everything together. Once everything is mixed well, place plastic wrap over bowl and leave it over night. About 12 hrs.

Next Morning: Lightly flour your cutting board, take dough out of bowl. Need just a little and form into a nice round ball. Cover with a clean towel. Let sit about 1 hour. 30 min before the hour is up, turn your oven on 425 degrees. Place your stoneware pan and lid in oven for that 30 min. When the dough has sat and hour and the pan has heated in the oven the last 30 min of that hour, take the hot pan out, lightly flour the bottom of the pan, then add the dough. Place the lid on the pan and cook 1/2 hour. Take the lid off and cook another 3-5 min, until nice and brown. Cool and rest.


No comments: