Friday, September 30, 2016

Orange Mango Salad



I'm so sad I don't have a picture, but my Italian friend is going to make a cook out of me yet! Why didn't I think to take a picture? Next time I make it---Picture coming!

Salad Dressing
Ingredients:
1/3 cup White Vinegar
3/4 cup Vegetable Oil. Do not use Olive Oil or Canola Oil. Just regular Vegetable Oil.
1/3 cup Sugar
1/8 of a large onion or 1 TBSP finely grated onion
3/4 tsp Salt
1/8 cup Mustard

Blend all these ingredients together. Blend well so that onion is undetectable

Salad (This makes a large bowl)
Ingredients:
Butter Lettuce cleaned and fill bowl 3/4 of the way to top
3 11 oz cans Mandarin Oranges (fully drained)
1 pound Mozzarella Cheese
1 whole Chicken cooked, deboned, and shredded
1 cup whole Almonds cracked (Or you can use slivered Almonds. I liked the whole Almond cracked in pieces.)
3 TBSPS Sugar

You need to caramelize the Almonds. Do this by placing the 3 TBSPs of Sugar in small frying pan with the 1 cup cracked Almonds. Turn the heat on medium. Stir Almonds in the sugar until the sugar caramelizes around the almonds. The white in the sugar will slowly disappear as you stir. DO NOT BURN! When all the white is gone the Almonds are ready.

Place clean lettuce in bowl, top with Mandarin Oranges, Chicken, and Cheese. Sprinkle Almonds on top. Pour dressing over everything and toss well.

(You can double the dressing. I think I will the next time I make it. It's nice to have some extra!)

This salad is divine! Just like my friend!

CIAO



No comments: