Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Chicken And Broccoli


Last night I got an invitation from my daughter in law for dinner. She is a sweetheart and invites Glade and I up on a regular basis. I love going to her home whether it's just for a casual dish of her homemade tomato soup with cheese toast or like last night a full blown dinner. Last night, the main course was an old family recipe, "Chicken & Broccoli." I hadn't tasted more than two bites and I knew two things. 1- I was going to be having seconds and 2- I would have to go home with the recipe! Thanks Caroline! The dinner was divine! And why didn't I take a picture??? Because I downed it too fast!

Here is the recipe: (you can half it if you like.)

8 Chicken breasts simmered and deboned. They should be fully cooked. OR 4 (cans) Canned Chicken
2 pkg. frozen chopped broccoli
1 cup mayonnaise mixed
1 tsp lemon juice
1 cup shredded cheese
Bread Crumbs or Croutons ( Caroline used Croutons last night and they were so yummy. Loved the crunchy!) broken and crumbled into fine pieces.

Cook broccoli in a 9x13 pan. Microwave until tender. Press dry with paper towel to remove excess moisture. Place sliced chicken pieces over broccoli. Combine soup, mayo, lemon juice. Pour over chicken, sprinkle with cheese then bread crumbs on top. Bake 350 for 30 min.

Delicious! You're going to love it!


No comments: