Monday, July 4, 2011

All American Salsa

"Where Liberty dwells, there is my country!"
Ben Franklin


Don't miss out on this recipe! My cute daughter made it for me once and now it's a constant menu item on any summer family barbeque. It might have that familiar Mexican flavor, but this Salsa is an All American recipe. You're going to love it!

Fresh Summer Salsa Recipe

7 or 8 diced Roma tomatoes (if small get 8)
1-2 diced cucumbers (depending on size)
2 cans shoepeg corn
1-2 Tablespoons dried onion
½ cup Olive Oil
¼ cup Apple Cider Vinegar
2 plus Tbsp Cholula sauce
1 plus Tbsp Green Tabasco suace
1 plus Tbsp dried Cilantro
1 tsp Salt
some pepper
(add or take away from the sauces according to spice preference; note: it gets hotter the longer it sits) For those that like it hot and spicey, throw in some red tobasco sauce too.

Mix together. Let sit long enough for the dried onions to hydrate. Enjoy with favorite tortilla chips! Yum!

Happy Birthday America! Land that I love!


This is the post after the post! Thanks Em for posting this on the blog in honor of my birthday!!! I've been literally bugging the tar out of Emilyn to give me this recipe. There for a while I was beginning to think she was holding out on me as a form of torture. This salsa has become my absolute favorite. Every time we have a party or a gathering and Em asks, "What can I bring?" I nod my head and request her salsa. Thanks Em, Love--- Love--- Love it!!! I'm so glad you are such a wonderful daughter and wonderfully good cook too!

No comments: