Monday, November 21, 2011

Fabulous Pumpkin Pie

The name speaks for itself. Therefore I don't need to go into a long discourse about just how wonderful this pumpkin pie is. Just trust me.

Ingredients

1 (29 oz) Can of Libby's Pure Pumpkin. Do not make the mistake of using a different brand. Nuff said!
1 cup White Sugar
3/4 cup packed Brown Sugar
2 and 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
1 tsp of Nutmeg
3/4 tsp of Ginger
1/4 tsp Cloves
4 Eggs
2 Cans of Evaporated Milk
2 - 3 unbaked pie shells

Remember your pie is only as good as your ingredients, so buy the best not the cheapest!

Mix all the ingredients together and pour into your shells. This will make two 9 inch pies and I can usually squeak out a third one in a smaller tin.

I prefer to bake my pumpkin pies in glass, but I have used tin. 

I like to wrap the edges with tin foil. I hate over browned edges.

Bake 15 min. one 425. Reduce heat to 350 and bake 40-50 min. longer. Poke it with a tooth pick. When the pick comes out clean it's done.

No comments: